cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3550 (Europe) not working

Babchook
Apprentice
Hi, 18 months ago I bought my first Canon PIXMA MG printer after years of using HP and Epson printers. The printer was barley used, got wireless features, scanner and really good printing rate and resolution.
2 days ago I found out that the printer doesn't switch on, I disconnected it, changed outputs and even the ac cable but nothing happened.. The printer was brick dead. I contacted Canon Europe and they replied that the warranty is only for 12 months so besides of referring me to a service lab that will cost me more than the printer.. They cannot do anything.
I started investigating for the cause and it took me 2 minutes to find out the cause.. The ac adapter unit (k30330) - the part that connects between the power cord and the printer.. Was burnt. There is a black burned sign on the circuit board amd on the plastic that covers the adapter. That ac adapter part.. Costs more than a new printer in the shops, so basically I'm now stuck with a dead printer that is going to the trash unless I can find a solution.. Can anyone have any knowledge if there are replacement adapters or something I can do instead of throwing the printer to trash and buying an HP printer for half the price woth twice reliability?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try eBay for used item.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"I started investigating for the cause and it took me 2 minutes to find out the cause.. The ac adapter unit (k30330) - the part that connects between the power cord and the printer.. Was burnt. There is a black burned sign on the circuit board amd on the plastic that covers the adapter."

That's unfortunate.  It sounds like a surge on the power lines. 

Years ago, I once had a television burn itself out in a similar fashion because the line voltage from the power company was too high.  They put a 24-Hour chart recorder on my meter, and measured an average of 135 VAC, when it should have been a nominal 117VAC.  The chart recorded frequent peaks over 150 VAC, and few dips as low as 90VAC.  They wrote me a very polite letter citing all of those figures, and claimed that the recorded voltages were normal.  And, that was that.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements