cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2920 unplugged while on WI-FI and now won't turn on

davidrobert2
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG2920 that I have been using for several years without any issues printing wirelessly from my laptop, netbook, and android phone. Recently I moved the table it was on and the plug came out of the wall. At the time it was powered on and wifi was on. I have never used it with a USB cable. Since it was unplugged, as soon as I plug it in the yellow alarm light comes on and stays on with no flashing before I even push the "ON" button. When I try to power it on the green light comes on but it doesn't make a sound. It used to make a noise when I turned it on like the cartridges were finding their home or something. I guess the idea here is the alarm light comes on immediayely after printer is plugged in and the power button lights the green indicator light but doesn't seem to actually turn the printer on. My computer cannot find the printer through the wifi or through a USB connection.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have a button with a red triangle on it?  If so, press that. It may clear the message. That works on my MX 472. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements