cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 w/Windows 10 Prints web pages and faint outline of label template, but nothing else

mlemmer
Contributor

Hello!

I just bought a PIXMA MG2522. It will print webpages just fine and the outline of a label template in Word, but nothing else.

Had to manually align the head as the auto align printed a page without the symbol that's supposed to line up in the corner of the scanner plate. So, after printing a page to check the current alignment, the "BK" top line is missing. I'm at my wit's end with this thing. I've tried cleaning the nozzles, realignment, checking that the right printer is the default, etc.

If someone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mlemmer,

Please open the search feature on your computer and type control panel and press enter. Once you are in the control panel, select View Devices and Printers.

In that Windows, does the printer have a WS by it or it it listed as MG2500 series? If you make a black and white copy of text directly from the printer, does the copy print correctly?

We look forward to your reply.

mlemmer
Contributor
Hi!

Both of those were listed as options. I tried making each of them the default printer and then printing. Both times the text wouldn't print from Word. I was able to print from a website

Hi mlemmer,

Please go back to View devices and printers and right click on the icon with WS and select remove device. Then remove the other printer icon. Once both are remove, please unplug the usb cord to the printer (you will connect it later during the reinstall) and then click HERE to download and run the installer for the printer driver.

Once the driver is reinstalled, please go back to view devices and printers and right click on the MG2500 series icon and select printer properties. In the window that opens, select Print test page.

Does the test page print with text?

We look forward to your reply.

[link corrected]

The link after clicking on 'here' is broken

[We've corrected it!]

mlemmer
Contributor
Hello?

Hello.

Try performing both a black copy, and a color copy directly from the printer itself.  Does the same faint outline appear with either of the copy attempts?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mlemmer
Contributor
I'm not sure I understand what printing directly from the printer means.

Michael is suggesting that you use the printer's copying function as a way to test out its print quality. We recommend placing a document of any kind on the glass and then running a black and white copy of it (by pressing the BLACK button) and then a color copy of it (by pressing the COLOR button). Be sure to report back the results so that we can continue troubleshooting.

We look forward to your reply!

Hi. Thank you for the instruction. When printing directly from the printer, a color copy prints fine, but not a black copy. It showed nothing. When printing from a different word document than before, it faintly printed the header, but nothing else

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements