cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 printer drivers won't load

MikeyMike7416
Apprentice

Came with a CD I dont have a CD drive.   Been attempting to download for 2 days from various sites primarily CANON's.  I get to the end every time and get this message: 

CAN'T CREATE OUTPUT FILE: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\win-mg2500-1_1-ucd\MSETUP4.EXE

Any help greatly appreciated !  very frustrated, if I can't figure it out by noon I'm returning the printer

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not the software's fault, but rather a problem with your Computer's System State.  Maybe due to one or more unsuccessful attempts to download or install the drivers for your printer.  Review the knowledgebase article below for assistance.  

Canon Knowledge Base - Cannot Create Output File When Installing Canon Software - Windows

I suggest that you only download drivers from Canon's support portal.  Downloading from other sources can be risky.

Support | MG Series | PIXMA MG2522 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

NutsHere
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  I get to the end of the installation and get a message that the drivers can not be loaded.  Very frustrated!  I am about to return the printer also!

I have deleted everything and started over 4 times.  Same conclusion.  Drivers will not load.  I downloaded drivers from the Canon website.

I have a laptop, operating on Windows 10.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements