cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 CD

Lawrej1
Apprentice

I'm not trying to be an idiot, but I purchased the PIXMA MG2500 when I purchased a new laptop- Samsung Chrome notbook style. SO... I am an idiot because I #1 didn't realiz there was no disc slot to be able to load the software for the printer and #2 I'm hopeless trying to figure it out online. Please say there is a way to download the software online to hook up the printer to my crappy little laptop! Many thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lawrej1,

The PIXMA MG2520 is not a wireless printer and would have to be connected and installed to a computer with a USB cable in order to be used with your Chromebook.

Chromebooks use Google Cloud Print communicate with printers.

To use your PIXMA MG2520 with your Chromebook, it must first be installed on a Windows or Mac computer.

To print from your Chromebook, it must be set up as a Classic Printer on the computer you just installed it on so your PIXMA MG2520 can use Google Cloud Print with your Chromebook.  To do this, please follow the steps for connecting a Classic Printer from Google's web site:

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Lawrej1
Apprentice
So I have to hook it up to another computer to the print from my current computer?
Announcements