cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2120 trying to print EVERY job in color

technofreak
Apprentice

So after a BUNCH of testing and realigning, I've found that the printer is trying to print using color. When I keep greyscale selected and even changed cartridge use to "Black Only" in the driver settings. That's when I try to print and it says "Printer will use color cartridge for this specific job." Even when the picture itself is black and white. Even when I try to print normally, nothing shows up...which LEAD me to believe it keeps trying to print in color...which is empty by the way. Not wasting an extra 30 bucks on color I'm never even going to use. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi technofreak,

Although you have the printer set to print in grayscale mode, and the black only ink cartridge setting selected, if you use the duplex (double-sided) printing option, or select a paper type other than PLAIN PAPER (such as a photo paper, envelopes or labels) in the printer driver, the color ink cartridge will be used to produce the black text on the page, even if the black ink cartridge is selected.  In addition, some web pages and PDF files have coding embedded in them that will constitute the use of the color ink to produce the text on the printout, even if the black only option is selected.  In these cases, we cannot force the printer to print using only the black ink cartrdige in the unit.  

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements