cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 - PDF color not accurate enough

David121
Contributor

I've been having a "problem" for several weeks and can not seem to set the correct setting. When I scan from the IJ utility as a PDF, the result is unacceptable. When the original background color of a document is beige or parts of a logo or a graph on the document are another light color, those areas appear white in the scanned PDF. I'm scanning old historical documents and I need the scanned copy to be fairly close to the original.

My "Color mode" is set to color.

Resolution is set to either 300 or 600 DPI, depending on the complexity of the document.

The only "Image Processing Setting" I have checked is "Reduce show-through", but sometimes I turn that off (It doesn't help; light colors still appear as white).

Is there another setting I need to set so the colors in the PDF result are fairly close to the colors of the original document?

What I usually end up doing is scanning as a photo, then I'll use another program to convert the image file to a PDF. I really would like to scan to PDF if the PDF results were better.

David

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm assuming this is because the scanner is shining a light onto what it's copying and "blowing out the highlights"?   Is there any setting to generate darker images?

If no setting to adjust brightness of the scan, sounds like capturing them as photos is the way to go since you'd have full control over lighting and camera settings.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No external light is shining onto what is being scanned and I don't seem to find a setting to make PDFs darker. Maybe my canon scanner can only make acceptable PDFs when the original documents have only black text and no logos, graphics, diagrams, or photos on them.

Announcements