cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G4210 colors faded

chemmingsen
Apprentice

Tonight I installed a new G4210 printer and the photos printed are all washed out.  Totally unsatisfactory.  What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi chemmingsen,

What paper type are you printing on?

What is the source of the images that you are printing?  In other words, where did the images come from?

What program are you using to print your photos?

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi chemmingsen,

What paper type are you printing on?

What is the source of the images that you are printing?  In other words, where did the images come from?

What program are you using to print your photos?

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I think your questions have satisfactorily resolved this problem. We aren't looking for high quality prints and use Staples multipurpose 96 bright paper, Windows 10 and whatever program opens when you click on the image.  Photos came from an old Canon camera, Apple smartphone or Samsung Galaxy.  We were satisfied printing that way with our old HP 8600.  The photos with this printer before alignment were wretched and only somewhat better after it.  However, when I use the Canon Easy PhotoPrint EX that came with the printer the photo quality is superior to the HP.

I am having the same issue.

I have installed the G4210 after purchasing it today.  On my Windows 10 PC all the images are faded out.  Text prints fine.

On my OSX Macbook the same photos print just fine.  They are not faded at all.

I have looked at the windows driver settings and have not had any luck resolving the issue.

Hi bbq-devil,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What program are you printing from?
  • Do you get the same effect when printing from another program, like Easy-PhotoPrint?
  • Are you able to make a photocopy normally?

I look forward to your reply.

It happens in any program I use in Windows 10.  I have tried the default image viewer and printing out of Google Docs.

If I print the same images from my Mac they print fine.

Copying an image works fine as well.

Hi! I am having the same problem. I work in advertising and have to print off color proofs. When I print them off they are faded and look dull.

I am currently using MAC OS Mojave 10.14.3.  When I print the proofs, they are usually just pdfs. I am assuming whatever program they open in.  

Please advise.  I am losing sales right now because i cannot show a qualtiy printed proof to clients.

Thanks!

Amanda

HI Amanda,

This sounds like a time sensitive matter, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

You can also click HERE to open the support page for you printer and contact our live chat support team.

Hi Arthur-

Thanks! I did contact customer support and per their recommendation, returned the printer. It is not a printer for graphic designers, it is more for business document printing. The problem has been resolved. Thanks!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements