cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G2200 5B00 error

MikeZ
Apprentice

I have the dreaded 5B00 error on my G2200.

I removed and cleaned the 2 ink absorder pads but how do I reset the error to make the printer operational again?

I found about a half dozen different procedures online, but none work to clear the error.

Does anyone know the correct steps for the G2200?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MikeZ,

Since the error does not clear, the printer will need to be replaced. If the printer is still in it's 1 year warranty, contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is out of warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Question: Would the Canon CarePAK Plus extended warranty have covered this issue?

Hi PHL1365,

This issue would be covered., if the plan was purchased for an eligible printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BS52
Apprentice

This thread is a misleading answer. Answer: "Since the error does not clear, the printer will need to be replaced". Question: "Would the Canon CarePAK Plus extended warranty have covered this issue?" Answer: "This issue would be covered., if the plan was purchased for an eligible printer."

The printer mostly isn't "broken", the company just wants to get you to buy a service plan. Additionally, they don't want to repair it, they just want to capture your follow on business. In other words, Buy a Plan up front, and when the EPROM says "Times UP!", we'll sell you a new printer!!. More eWaste for the landfill, more profit for the company, ... and we dont really care that you have unused bottles of ink or cartridges that you cannot use. BIG TIME racket.

Announcements