cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G1200 - Brand new - won't print black

tcatprez
Apprentice

I just bought a PIXMA G1200 and I am having a number of issues. 

The main one is that it isn't printing black ink. I have cleaned the printer head a number of times, and this didn't make a difference. 

I have also played around with the printing settings and used different papers to see if I could make it work properly. When I print a graphic image, either the black lines don't print at all, or they print in a dark grey colour. 

I was able to print the same image with a darker grey for the black sections only once, but the settings I used for that were plain paper / text (low quality). This setting does not produce a high enough quality print. 

I have printed a test page a number of times as well, after making various adjustments, without any changes. The first line never prints (the PGBK line).

How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tcatprez,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to contact customer service through that link, I get an error message ("An error has occurred, please try again.").

We recommend trying a different browser. If you're still having trouble, you can reach our technical support by phone Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm ET at: 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and they'll be happy to help!

Hi,

A different browser didn't make a difference. 

I've noticed that, upon opening the printer, absolutely no black ink has been drawn into the belt/tubes. 

I am unable to contact customer service via phone just yet, and won't have time until later this week (at the earliest). Any suggestions as to how to solve this would be greatly appreciated. 

Announcements