cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 922 Unable to pick up paper from lower tray

sewell
Apprentice

I recently purchased the PIXMA 922 and have been having issues printing.  I have put standard Staples copy paper in the lower tray.  When I go to print it will sometimes print a page or two, then it gives me "Support Code 1008" error saying there is no paper.  I have to open the lower tray, readjust the paper a bit, hit ok.  At that point its about a 40% chance of printing another page or two, otherwise it thinks again and then gives the same error.  It makes it almost impossible to print anything more then a couple pages since every few pages is spending a few minutes going back and forth with the printer.  Did I get a lemon?  Is there something I missed that would make it so the printer can't pick up the paper?  Before I return the printer I wanted to try to get some assistance.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sewell.

If the paper has been loaded correctly and the error persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sewell.

If the paper has been loaded correctly and the error persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Michael.  Your email support responded quickly and I have already received a replacement printer.  I appreciate the response.

I have this same problem. is this a serial number specific issue or is this just a common issue with this model? If so I will just return.

I am having the same problem. Printed a few jobs now the same erroe message. Paper IS there. KevinG, did you get a responce?

Hi KevinG and KimApollo,

Please remove the paper tray and ensure that the paper guides are fitting snug around the paper so that it does not have any wiggle room in the tray, then replace the tray in the printer.  Next, please perform a roller cleaning on the unit by following the steps at the link below:

PIXMA MX922 Roller Cleaning

If you still experience difficulty after performing at least three roller cleanings on the unit, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

This answered my question perfectly. Within 5 minutes I was able to print a document as well as ever. Thanks!

Bill

What did you do?

I tried this solution over 10 times and my printer still does not work.

Good afternoon, 

I am currently facing the same issue and wasnt able to fix it. Is there something I should do?

Thank you so much in advance, 

Diogo 

Announcements