cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 8220 Won't power on

Mahogany
Apprentice

I haven't even had the printer a full year and haven't used it in about 30 days. It won't power on for use. There is an orange triange with what looks like a lightning bolt in the middle that is the only thing that is on. Nothing happens when I push the power button, it's black. I can't find anything online about the symbol either. Help?

6 REPLIES 6

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Mahogany,

If you are getting an orange triangle, then the printer is experiencing an error.  On this model you should also see an error message on the screen as well.  Does anything appear on the screen?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The LCD does not light up at all. Nothing lights up or turns on, the printer makes no sounds either. The only thing working is the orange triangle.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mahogany.

To try and resolve this issue, please unplug the power from the unit for about 25-30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the unit in directly to a wall outlet to see if the printer will power on properly.

If the issue persists, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon's response to this issue is to offer a refurished machine at a reduced price. We decided to do just that only to find we could have purchased a new printer of the same model for less on Amazon (free shipping from both Amazin and Canon). For an in home printer with minimal personal use over an 18 month period, I'm angry with myself for even buying the replacement, but did so because I had already investing in an ink supply that cost more than the new printer.

CW1
Apprentice

I have the same issue...  My printer looks brand new with about 50 pages run through it. Apparently Canon is unable to build a good printer or maybe they just want to build bad printers to keep you buying new ones.

I have the exact same issue with the Pixma MG7120. DOA. Better quality testing needed!

Announcements