Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

PIXMA 7720 Print Head Installed on printer not correct one

Since I haven't seen a resolution to the problem, with a printer that wasn't that heavily used over the 18 months I've had it, to get a message making it impossible for me to run diagnostics, to remove the print cartridges, etc.:  I'm going to buy a new invexpensive printer and DEFINATELY not a Canon.  This was my first Canon.  Got it because I thought it would give me quality photo prints (which it did) but unfortunately didn't last long.  I don't like adding to the mountain of electronic garbage going into our planet so I'd prefer if printers could be made to last longer.  Too bad.  I was going to bring it to a service center -- but clicking on the link online -- sorry, no service centers available.  Maybe I need to go to Japan.

Occasional Contributor

Re: PIXMA 7720 Print Head Installed on printer not correct one

My iP7220 failed after 18 months and when I called support with the symptoms (power and orange light alternating) I was told it was probably the print head. I was assured fixing it would cost more than the $80 I paid for it originally, so I decided to replace it. I've had Canon printers since I graduated from dot matrix to inkjet and never had a complaint.But I am disappointed with the short life of this one. Since I could not find a Canon printer with the same features as this one for under $100 I decided to get an MG3620 on dale at Walmart for $50 CAD. I has a lot less features, like printing CD and DVD labels. What I wasn't anticipating was how hard it was to install. The iP7220 was literally plug and play, but the MG3620 was a nightmare and took all afternoon to connect to my XP desktop, which I had to do by USB cable (not included) and my Win7 laptop by wifi. I had to googke instructions to push various buttons to accomplish this.