cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 6821

cordener
Apprentice

My PIXMA MG6821 has an error message saying that two ink tanks of the same color are installed.  They are not.  It was printing normally until two days ago when this error appeared, using all the tanks that are now installed in this configuration  I can get no help from support which says, "check the tanks" . . . DUH!  Can't print anything.  Have turned it off, rebooted, no help.  No help I can find in the manual.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cordener,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If you still get an error that the same color inks are installed, please reply to this post with all the information on the cartridges( ink number, where it was made, etc).

If it would be easier for you, please take a picture of the ink cartridges in the printer and attach the picture to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements