cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGBK problem with Canon MX920

jonesfamily
Apprentice

My printer seems to have a problem with the PGBK print head. The cartridge has plenty of ink, though its red light is on. I have done multiple cleanings and deep cleanings and have cycled the power. The nozzle check pattern is fine for all colors except PGBK, which is sometimes absent altogether and sometimes has a lot of gaps in its pattern. I have removed, inspected, and reseated the PGBK cartridge multiple times.

The problem seems to have happened very suddenly. 

I am running Windows 7. The problem exists with all types of files, whether pdfs, doc files, images, etc.

2 REPLIES 2

jbbataille
Apprentice

Same problem with the MG7120. The PGBK is the problem. Other colors are fine including BK. Text is blurry. When printing pattern for alignment check, PGBK is not printed well, seems an alignment problem only with this cartridge. Also red light is on. I change the cartridge and same problem. 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements