cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGBK 250XL ink tank has double letter effect

jcg0324
Contributor

I have a MX922 and only the 250xl cartridge prints double letters. I did the auto and manual alignment several times with no improvement. I cleaned the timing strip and tried 3 different 250xl ink tanks. I did deep cleaning several times. I inspected the slot where the ink tank goes for dirt or debris and could see nothing. When I forced the printer to use the BK (CLI-251) ink tank the lettering came out perfect. I don't know what else to do. The printer is barely 2 years old.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jcg0324,

Please make sure that you throughly clean the whole encoder/timing strip, from far left to far right.  If the doiuble printing persists, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have gone through this forum and noticed that this problem is very common. One would think that a Canon technician would look into it, figure it out (I strongly suspect they have) and post a solution like: "You need a new head" or "you need to replace part #xxxxxx" or something. Instead we get: "we're not going to tell you what's actually wrong with the printer so shut up and buy a new one."

Announcements