cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG 210XL and CL 211XL

tiger1
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have a Canon MP230 printer, and after replacing the old black cartage (PG510) with the new one: PG 210XL, the printer does not recognize it. 

So, I am wondering whether Canon MP230 supports PG 210XL and CL 211XL? I purchased them on Amazon, and according to the description, both PG 210XL and CL 211XL should be supported by  Canon MP230.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi tiger1.

Canon printers are produced with region-specific ink, to prevent inter-competition between the different regional branches of Canon.  The MP230 model number was used for units released in more than one region, each using their own appropriate regional ink.

The U.S.-released PIXMA MP230 shipped and was compatible with PG-210 and CLI-211 series inks (Standard, XL, and XXL sizes).  If your MP230 used PG-510 and CL-511 inks, then it was released in a different region, and will need the inks its home region to work (PG-510 and CL-511).

Canon U.S.A. is unable to help with the sale or import of Canon inks produced for other regions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi tiger1.

Canon printers are produced with region-specific ink, to prevent inter-competition between the different regional branches of Canon.  The MP230 model number was used for units released in more than one region, each using their own appropriate regional ink.

The U.S.-released PIXMA MP230 shipped and was compatible with PG-210 and CLI-211 series inks (Standard, XL, and XXL sizes).  If your MP230 used PG-510 and CL-511 inks, then it was released in a different region, and will need the inks its home region to work (PG-510 and CL-511).

Canon U.S.A. is unable to help with the sale or import of Canon inks produced for other regions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements