cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC not connected

bwaldrep
Apprentice

I have a TR4522.The printer and fax work fine. When I try to scan a photo I get a message "PC not connected". The cable is properly connected, and I have rebooted both the printer and the pc. Nothing helps. What do I need to do?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bwaldrep,

To scan, you would need the Canon IJ scan utility installed onto your PC. It is the program that performs scans and interacts with the scan commands on the button panel of the TR4522. You can search your computer for the IJ scan utility to see if it is installed. If it is not, it would mean the software/drivers are missing and need to be installed. You would be able to fax without the driver installed and you can print using a generic driver but you need our drivers to scan properly. You can download and install the setup for our printer using the link HERE.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Were you able to locate the IJ scan utility on your computer?
Announcements