cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Not connected when scanning from printer menu

smullens71
Apprentice

I have a Canon tr4520. I used to be able to hit the scan button on the printer and it would scan the document to my computer. Now it says pc not connected. When I used to hit the scan button, my user name was displayed in the window. Now it just says 'local'. I've used the settimgs menu on my computer to choose whee I want the documents to go when I scan directly from the printer. I can scan and print using my computer. It just will not let me choose to scan directly from the printer any more, and says pc not connected. Any suggestions? I genuinely appreciate any help! Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi smullens71.

If the TR4520 is still scanning from the computer, then we know communication is not at issue.  If the printer is unable to detect the computer as a valid scanning destination, then something on the computer is preventing the Canon software from answering. Typically it will be security software blocking the incoming signals (to keep the computer secure).

A list of common ports and programs is available HERE in the Canon U.S.A. Knowledgebase.  You may need to add the relevant exceptions to your security software, in order to allow the printer and computer to communicate and restore scanning from the operation panel. Refer to your security software's documentation, forums, and support for directions on adding exceptions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements