cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

Ramona
Authority

Hi RobL,

Please follow these steps to try and get the printer to power on:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will resolve the issue.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing.  Since the printer was purchased within the past 6 months, it is still within the warranty period.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

and what if it is not under warranty?

Hi jkolby,

Click on the following "Contact Us" link to reach out to our technical support team, who can provide all the options you have:  Contact Us.

Thanks!

Nothing has worked to get my printer to turn back on.  It appears this is a common problem with this model.  Has Canon offerd to replace them with a like model since it seems to be an issue?

NO, They just offer a 10% discount off a printer from their website... sad!!

After 6 months same problem with my MG5520???

mcmarturano
Apprentice
I just encountered the same problem. Printer is totally dead. I plugged it directly into the wall and no change. Sounds like a blown board maybe? Looks like the warranty is only one year... too bad this is a relatively expensive printer to have shipped with faulty boards...

My Canon Pixma MG5520 was working great for about 6 months and one day it's all dark.  No power at all.  It is plugged into a power strip with one other device and it is working fine.  After reading all of the other posts I am afraid it is toast.

smoralesdesigns
Contributor

Same problem here. Turned on printer, went to pc to print a single page document, as soon as I hit print and the little dialog box that popped up to show me the current status and ink came up, the printer turned off and the pc told me the printer was offline. I went to turn it on but to no avail. Tried switching outlets, removing cord for 10 minutes, switching usb cable switch power cable. It just gave up on me, and I have barely printed from this thing. I also have TONS of ink lying around that I purchased in anticipation of this thing running at least another year or two as I have taken very good care of it. 

Announcements