cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

goodbye_canon
Apprentice

I'm going to skip the specifics of the ordeal I had with my now DEAD Pixma MG7520, because the same details are already posted all over this thread.  Same experience, same outcome.  Shame on you Canon (seriously). I'd expect a company of your size and stature to be more concerned with its reputation and bottom line, obviously both will suffer as a consequence for your blatant disregard of your customers' satisfaction. Goodbye Canon! Thanks for nothing.

Just to keep this going, Yes, have a MG7520 sitting right here that just died.  it is less than two years old with light use (I think I've used 3 black Carts in it)  Following a B203 error, it was in the middle of a printer alignment maintenance screen when I heard the sound of USB disconnecting and all the lights on the printer turned out.  The power has been checked, all the way up to the power cord going into the printer with a scope.  No problem.  The printer is Dead.  Now I have a LIKE NEW looking printer/scanner that is a paperweight.

After only using Sony products for years, I moved over and started using Canon products: including DSLR, video cameras and a Canon G30.   I thought I could move over to a Canon printer but apparently this is not the case. 

While I have not had issues with the numerous other Canon products I own, I just can't bring myself to buy another Canon printer.  It's not going to happen. 

Things like this also bleed over to the reputation of other products Canon produces.  It is not a good thing to have these products perceived as defective.  Some of us that experience these issues spend a lot of money purchasing higher end devices!

No reply is necessary.  This printer is tested 100% dead.  I'll be switching to another brand.

acherem
Apprentice

Almost the same story but with some tweaks - MG5765 stopped switching on one day. After i switched the cable off for some time as it was recommended here, the printer has actually came back to life after i plugged it back in. But not for long  - after normal juggling its printing head back and forth a new error came up on the screen - 1405:The type of print head is not recognized. I tried to do steps recommended in here: 
http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MG5520-with-support-code-1405/td-p/2...
  - it didn't help.

If i leave printer for some time with this error displayed, it dies again (stops react on the ON button), and to bring it back another power cable disconnection is required.

The printer is a bit more than a year old, kinda upset 😞

Hi, acherem!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Isn't a beautiful when a company that wants to build a global brand quickly runs a way from its product responsibility by pointing out geographical limitations. That is not the point. The point is you sell sub-standard products

acherem
Apprentice

Thanks Danny, right, i am in Australia. This was the most relevant topic i was able to find online, will try with local guys.

Just ran into this last night..  Printed one page and it turned off in the middle of printing the second.  No problems at all up to that point and now it's DEAD!

I tried cursing and slamming it on the floor..  No luck.  Still broke.

Sodonewithcanon
Apprentice
Clearly Cannon doesn’t care. Moving on to another brand! SMH

Matrax
Apprentice

Same here - completely dead and no answer by Canon

Britsteph
Apprentice
I have a 1.5 year old mg5420 printer that just stopped working in exactly the same way others described. Seems to me there are issues with Canon printers. We'll be trying another brand for our next one.
Announcements