cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

Same problem here as well . zero power. lots of ink sitting here, guess I'm out of luck-not buying another canon just to use the ink. Can't trust it!

Tjlisa
Apprentice
I am also running into this. I have many Canon printers and was just ready to add two more, but now this bothers me. It will not turn on. It MUST be something within the MG95320. I hope the Quality Engineers spend some time determining the root cause! Not good.

Canon obviously doesn't care about it's customers, I still haven't had anyone reach out to me.

AZ_Ado
Apprentice

Mine is probably about a year and a half and the same problem.  I have about $100 woth of Canon ink for this printer in my supply cabinent.

Canon Rep:  It looks like obviously an issue with this particular model.  I have had other Canon printers and have generally been pleased with them.   Have you guys figured out what is wrong and been able to fix the original problem?  I don't want to have it "serviced" only to have this happen again in 6 months

STILL NO WORD FROM CANON

leticiagarza77
Apprentice

I called Cannon and they told me I needed to get it serviced.  I live in a small town with no one within 4 hours to service it.  The printer is only a month over the year long warranty and they will not replace it at Wal Mart.  I have never had issues with cannon regarding my Mark iii, My lenses I purchase, nothing... but for some reason they will not replace this printer or at least send me a shipping label to ship it to someone to get fixed. Ive tried everything.  Invested in new cords, diff wall outlets and nothing.  The printer will not come on!

Very dissapointed in cannon

Hello Leticiagarza77!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, we would like for you to send us an email to canonfriends@cits.canon.com. When sending the email please provide your contact information, serial number, and an estimated date of purchase.  

Thanks and we look forward to your email!

tommcana
Contributor

if Cannon Pixma MG5320 not working contact canon shop.

I have the same problem... One day it's working, the next it won't turn on... My printer is just over two years old and barely used..... I bet it's cheaper to just get a new one than get this fixed..????

Same here.  Bought it almost exactly 3 years ago to replace a wearing out i550 (which went years with only a few print head changes & an ink pad change, & it had replaced a BJC5000), but the i550 kept going until the feeder rollers finally gave out.  Towards the end of the i550 less than a year later, I finally opened (still have the box & everything that was in it) & used the MG5320 along with the i550.  With both, I have used them for normal printing & photos, but also have been doing a monthly, usually 4 sided newsletter (with photos in it) for a group I belong to for quite a few years.  Today, started printing out the newsletter - got through 22 simple black & white pages (before the color ones), it started loading paper for the next page, then out it went - just like someone pulled the plug.  No warning lights, no noises, nothing for this whole time using it - and this is just after I mailed in the class-action paperwork I received regarding print head problems.  And that's also after having gone through least 100 ink cartridges &/or refills for the numerous newsletter pages I've printed on it during that roughly 2 year time.

Of course, it's now out of warranty, & I did call the Canon tech support, & had already tried all the "quick fixes" - basically to be told to bring/send it to the Canon repair place about 46 miles away, & that it would likely cost a lot more than what a new one would be.  He also suggested contacting the loyalty department for an idea for a replacement & the cost, or there's local stores that carry them & which probably have big after Christmas discount sales.  I was told by one of those local stores that does do repair work, that they send out the printers & that they usually will only try to repair the "high-end" ones that are over $200.

With my BJC5000 & i550, it seemed like the printers lasted longer than the availablity of the ink cartridges or the ink-refill ability for those cartridges.  Now, I have a MG 5320 that doesn't turn on, & like others, about 9 replacement ink cartridges on the shelf (plus those in the printer) waiting to be used, but apparently won't be because the printer is likely now just a paperweight or doorstop. 

Announcements