09-17-2020 09:10 AM - edited 09-17-2020 09:34 AM
Im trying to set up my printer with my laptop (Windows 10, v 10.0.18362) I've downloaded the driver package. When I try to execute the Print Head Alignment, i get an error "OpenPrinter Error". When I go through windows printer settings, it says "Driver unavailable" where my printer is listed.
EDIT: Printer is a Canon MG2522 PIXMA
How should I proceed?
09-17-2020 09:21 AM
So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.
Thanks and have a great day!
10-13-2020 03:55 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.
5. Please disconnect the USB cable from the back of your PIXMA MG2522.
6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
8. Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
10. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: