cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5220 says it's offline

beejay
Apprentice

My canon Pixma printer keeps saying I'm offline. It is on and plugged in okay. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7  I have a Pixma 5220 printer.

Ramona
Authority

Hi beejay,

To try and get the printer back online, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your START menu and select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.

2. Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MG5220, then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.

3. Go up to the PRINTER menu and if there are any documents in the queue, please select the CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS option. If prompted if you are sure, please confirm that you are sure to clear the documents out of the window.

4. Go up to the PRINTER menu again and if USE PRINTER OFFLINE is selected (with a checkmark beside it), please click on it to deselect it, then attempt to print.

If you still are unable to print, please unplug the printer and leave it unplugged for at least 5 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on, then attempt to print again.

If you still experience difficulty, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to further troubleshoot the issue.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements