cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS not supported...

Grama_Sue6
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG 5420 printer.  It is 5 years old.  I have used it on my Mac desktop(2009) since I purchased it.  Printer and computer have been compatible until yesterday.  Now suddenly my printer is offline.  I tried several things but ended up reseting my printer, which of course deleted the printer from my computer.  When I tried to reinstall the printer drivers I get a message that my OS is not supported and the drivers will not install.  What the world is going on?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Grama_Sue6 wrote:

Rick,

Just want to say THANK YOU for the help.  I had gone online to the Canon website and tried to download the drivers, but obviously I was not in the right spot.  I did just what you said and now my printer is back up and running!!!

Again, Thank you kindly!

Grama_Sue6

Glad it worked out.  Smiley Happy

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Grama_Sue6 wrote:

I have a Pixma MG 5420 printer.  It is 5 years old. .... What the world is going on?  

Visit this page

Select your version of OSX from the download's dropdown.  Download the compatible drivers for your MAC OS.

A word of advice.  I suggest you remove the printer from System Preferences > Printer and Scanners and uninstall any previous Canon Drivers before installing new drivers for your printer. 

Crapple OS.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Just want to say THANK YOU for the help.  I had gone online to the Canon website and tried to download the drivers, but obviously I was not in the right spot.  I did just what you said and now my printer is back up and running!!!

Again, Thank you kindly!

Grama_Sue6

@Grama_Sue6 wrote:

Rick,

Again, Thank you kindly!

Grama_Sue6

Glad it worked out.  Smiley Happy

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Again, Thank you kindly!

Grama_Sue6

I know it's a long time since your post, but I'm having the same problem. I just bought a pixma TS6320 on craigslist. I have a macbook pro 2014 with OSX Yosemite 10.10 and when I try to download the driver I get the error message that my operating system is not supported. I was able to connect the printer to my computer wirelessly and on system preferences. Do I need to download the printer driver for it to work? And if so how do I make that happen?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me.

Announcements