cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not printing, with a new ink cartridge installed.

rickey21
Contributor

On my MX432 Canon printer I just replaced the black ink.  When I went to print something it came out blank.  Nothing printed although it sounded like it was printing.  I don't use the printer much and I replaced the ink several days ago . It now comes up 6000.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi rickey21,

The 6000 support code that you are receiving indicates something is preventing the ink cartridge carrier from moving. Please disconnect the power from the printer and perform a visual inspection of the interal compartments for a paper jam or if the ink cartridges are not seated correctly. Click HERE for information on inspecting the unit. While the unit is disconnected from the power leave it disconnected for apporoximately 10 minutes. 

Once the time has passed, reconnect the printer to the power and reseat both ink cartridges. Next, perform one cleaning process. Click HERE for cleaning instructions. After the cleaning process is completed, perform a test print. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi rickey21,

The 6000 support code that you are receiving indicates something is preventing the ink cartridge carrier from moving. Please disconnect the power from the printer and perform a visual inspection of the interal compartments for a paper jam or if the ink cartridges are not seated correctly. Click HERE for information on inspecting the unit. While the unit is disconnected from the power leave it disconnected for apporoximately 10 minutes. 

Once the time has passed, reconnect the printer to the power and reseat both ink cartridges. Next, perform one cleaning process. Click HERE for cleaning instructions. After the cleaning process is completed, perform a test print. 

rickey21
Contributor

Thanks so much for your help.  I didi find a paper jamm on the side and removed it very easily--didn't see it earlier.  Now it says 5200.  and doesn't work.    I wish I knew what that meant.

Hi rickey21,

I'm pleased to hear that the 6000 support code was resolved. To resolve the 5200 support code please perform the following steps.

1. With the printer off, open the front compartment.
  2. Turn the printer on.
  3. Remove both ink cartridges, close the front compartment.
  4. Inspect both cartridges for damage or debris.
  5. You should receive a support code to load the ink cartridges on the operation panel of the printer.
  6. Load only the Black ink cartridge and close the front compartment.
  7. You should only receive a support code to load the Color cartridge. 
  8. Remove the Black ink cartridge and load only the Color cartridge and close the front compartment.
  9. You should only receive a support code to load the Black cartridge.
  10. If you received a different support code other than installing the missing cartridge, the cartridge may be defective and will need to be replaced.
Announcements