cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not out of ink

MCoccia
Apprentice

MG5320 going through the motions of printing, but there is no image on the page.

It smacks of a clogged nozzle, but should I be messing with that?  Ink levels are fine, and it spans multiple functions (i.e. Scanning, copying, printing).  PC says OK, but I have yet to figure out the invisible ink thing (a small joke).

Ideas?

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MCoccia,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-226BK
CLI-226M
CLI-226C
PGI-225PGBK
CLI-226Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5320 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that is at the bottom of this post.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MG5320 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick:

Excellent advice...except it did not work.  Unfortunately, I am at the age where I cannot be bothered with multiple attempts at fixing this thing.  Always had good luck with Canon...hope my camera performs better than my printer did after a year.

Thanks anyway.

Mike

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements