cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mx922 print head alignment error 2500

mtjames1
Apprentice

I am installing  a NEW mx922 printer.  During the head alignment setup an error is shown:

"Auto head align has failed"  Support code 2500.

How can I get past this issue?

Best regards,

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tiffany

Hi Mtjames1,

Welcome to the Canon forums! This error is typically caused by the paper size being something other than A4 or letter size in the lower cassette. Please double check that the paper is this size. We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hi Bebe_Dahling,

The smallest paper size that can fit correctly in the lower tray of the MX922 is A5 paper. A5 measures 148 × 210 millimeters or 5.83 × 8.27 inches.

The size of paper and type of paper(cardstock) is not supported with this model printer. To print correclty, I would have have recommend using A5 paper or larger.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

OK Author, I can not see the accept answer. Could you  tell me it's location on the screen. Like I said. First time user.

theTRUTH
Apprentice

I tried every adjustment after getting the error code. I loaded all new ink in mine, then preformed the deep cleaning, after that I went back to printer head align and voila. 

Susan4
Apprentice

I also had the error 2500 during setup. Tried the reset method without success(unplug and hold the ON button for 1 minute then replug.)  and in fact could not do anything including check the ink cartriges as the machine did not move them to the center when the door was opened. The control and menu buttons were unresponsive. My only option availbale was to keep re-trying the Head Alignment procedure. 

So, I turned the machine off  using the OFF botton on the top right.

That gave me control to look at the ink cartirges!

I am, by the way, replacing my 10 year old mx922 machine with a new mx922 machine.

In setting up the new machine I took the partly used ink cartriges, which were not Canon brand, and put them in the new machine.

One of the ink cartriges was now blinking  indicating low ink level. I replaced it with the one that came with the new machine and noticed that the new one  says "setup" on the lower part of the ink cartridge lable!  So I replaced all the cartridges with those that came with the new machine.

And then went to the Maintenece Menu, selected Printer Head Allignment - auto, used the ms 101  (photo papaer) with the cut on one corner and it worked! 

Next I will try to connect to home WiFi and then correct the color because a copy printed, but the color is off.

Pammi3
Apprentice
Goo's evening and thank you. I'll go and buy new cartridges for my MX922, and see if that works. But, I've been using non-Canon, not from them, for 6months with in issues until 3weeks ago.

Thank you for your input. I'll let you know the results.

I've used non Canon ink for years. Mine stopped printing all together. I cleaned heads, alighnned, you name it. I have 3 of them in different parts of the house. My husband sent something to that printer and it started printing again. I think there is a MX922 poltergust.

I did the shutdown, unplug, also. I downloaded the user manual for the next surprise.

Ritchiey
Apprentice

It could be a color cartrige problem. Try  copy a color document and see what color is missing and replace that color cartrige. Then do a deep clean and realignment. It works for me.

I had done all of that. I gave up. I mean I had 2 other printers to go to. He sent something and poof, it was good. Print cartridges were the same ones. I'm tell'n you, Poltergeist. 

pfelice
Apprentice

I've tried everything suggested here with no luck. I can't perform the manual alignment steps because I am stuck on the service code screen. I even reseated the print head with no luck. This was a gift and I'm wondering if replacing the ink tanks might help?

Announcements