Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: New mx922 print head alignment error 2500

I tried every adjustment after getting the error code. I loaded all new ink in mine, then preformed the deep cleaning, after that I went back to printer head align and voila. 

New Contributor

I tried this and it gas not worked. Can someone help me? I don't won't to get rud of this printer.

It just stopped working a week ago, and this error message.

New Contributor

I also had the error 2500 during setup. Tried the reset method without success(unplug and hold the ON button for 1 minute then replug.)  and in fact could not do anything including check the ink cartriges as the machine did not move them to the center when the door was opened. The control and menu buttons were unresponsive. My only option availbale was to keep re-trying the Head Alignment procedure. 

So, I turned the machine off  using the OFF botton on the top right.

That gave me control to look at the ink cartirges!

I am, by the way, replacing my 10 year old mx922 machine with a new mx922 machine.

In setting up the new machine I took the partly used ink cartriges, which were not Canon brand, and put them in the new machine.

One of the ink cartriges was now blinking  indicating low ink level. I replaced it with the one that came with the new machine and noticed that the new one  says "setup" on the lower part of the ink cartridge lable!  So I replaced all the cartridges with those that came with the new machine.

And then went to the Maintenece Menu, selected Printer Head Allignment - auto, used the ms 101  (photo papaer) with the cut on one corner and it worked! 

Next I will try to connect to home WiFi and then correct the color because a copy printed, but the color is off.

New Contributor

Goo's evening and thank you. I'll go and buy new cartridges for my MX922, and see if that works. But, I've been using non-Canon, not from them, for 6months with in issues until 3weeks ago.

Thank you for your input. I'll let you know the results.
New Contributor

I've used non Canon ink for years. Mine stopped printing all together. I cleaned heads, alighnned, you name it. I have 3 of them in different parts of the house. My husband sent something to that printer and it started printing again. I think there is a MX922 poltergust.

I did the shutdown, unplug, also. I downloaded the user manual for the next surprise.