cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mx922 print head alignment error 2500

mtjames1
Apprentice

I am installing  a NEW mx922 printer.  During the head alignment setup an error is shown:

"Auto head align has failed"  Support code 2500.

How can I get past this issue?

Best regards,

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tiffany

Hi Mtjames1,

Welcome to the Canon forums! This error is typically caused by the paper size being something other than A4 or letter size in the lower cassette. Please double check that the paper is this size. We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hi Bebe_Dahling,

The smallest paper size that can fit correctly in the lower tray of the MX922 is A5 paper. A5 measures 148 × 210 millimeters or 5.83 × 8.27 inches.

The size of paper and type of paper(cardstock) is not supported with this model printer. To print correclty, I would have have recommend using A5 paper or larger.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

When I called Canon suppport about this issue, what the technician had me do was to hold the Stop button down for 5 to 10 seconds.  This allowed me to bypass the printhead alignment and finish the printer setup. 

Leskow
Apprentice
Tiffany, I second the above. I used the same (mysterious) paper supplied with the printer and also had this issue over and over (this is like the 10th printer I've hooked up so I am not new to this).

I also followed the "amazon" way and it worked.

This instruction should be included in future manuals as clearly it is a "defect" of sorts.

Working perfect now.

Just bought it today for my mom and have spent 2.5 hours trying to overcome the 2500 error.  Did both suggestions metioned above, with no success.  The MP-101 paper comes out with nothing on it and I get the  2500 error message.  Verified that all cartridges are installed correctly, verified output paper slot not exposed to bright light.  We actually have one just like this at home and have had no problems (which is why I purchased this one).  I am so ready to return the thing.  Any other suggestions at all???

Thanks in advance!

jbrown
Apprentice

I tried all the things that resolved the issue to some of you. None of it worked in my case. I called support for help and they determined that the print head was actually defective. They sent me a new machine, and voila! The set up went like it should without a hitch. I was happy that it was resolved with such expediancy. It works like a dream now. Very happy!

catguer52
Apprentice

Hello! 

I have tried powering down as suggested in this string, also tried the steps that Ramona provided. Tried doing a cleaning and then a deep cleaning. Still receiving the error code when I do the auto head alignment. When I do the manual head alignment nothing prints on the paper. Any other suggestions?

This is what mtjames1 suggested and this is what I did.

I solved my own problem with the help of amazon.

Remove power.  

Hold the power button down for 1 minute. Release.

Plug it in.

Turn on with power button.

Try the setup again.  Worked fine.

Called an ESD cycle

I tried this and it gas not worked. Can someone help me? I don't won't to get rud of this printer.

It just stopped working a week ago, and this error message.

Bebe_Dahling
Contributor

Hi everyone. I'm new so I hope this gets to the proper place for a new question.

I am trying to print on card stock that is 5.5" by 8.5". It is too large for the upper cassette which is where it keeps looking for paper and not the lower cassette. 

I have used the Word 2016 Mac software to create the document. I have set the options on the print section for the printer in the Word Print options to the size and it shows it is there. I have selected lower cassette and it still goes to the upper cassette and I get an error.

Can anybody haelp me. I have 3 of these printers so I don't have another option to print from.

Hi Bebe_Dahling,

The smallest paper size that can fit correctly in the lower tray of the MX922 is A5 paper. A5 measures 148 × 210 millimeters or 5.83 × 8.27 inches.

The size of paper and type of paper(cardstock) is not supported with this model printer. To print correclty, I would have have recommend using A5 paper or larger.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well that is very disappointing as all my Canon printers have been able to do that. I guess you get what you pay for. I am going to have to buy a new printer and hope my husband doesn't notice it in my office. I will accept your answer and that you for the time and informaton. i appreciate it. Merry Chrismas and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.

Announcements