cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mx922 print head alignment error 2500

mtjames1
Apprentice

I am installing  a NEW mx922 printer.  During the head alignment setup an error is shown:

"Auto head align has failed"  Support code 2500.

How can I get past this issue?

Best regards,

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tiffany

Hi Mtjames1,

Welcome to the Canon forums! This error is typically caused by the paper size being something other than A4 or letter size in the lower cassette. Please double check that the paper is this size. We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hi Bebe_Dahling,

The smallest paper size that can fit correctly in the lower tray of the MX922 is A5 paper. A5 measures 148 × 210 millimeters or 5.83 × 8.27 inches.

The size of paper and type of paper(cardstock) is not supported with this model printer. To print correclty, I would have have recommend using A5 paper or larger.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Tiffany

Hi Mtjames1,

Welcome to the Canon forums! This error is typically caused by the paper size being something other than A4 or letter size in the lower cassette. Please double check that the paper is this size. We hope this helps!

Tiffany, your way does not provide any help.  I used the paper it came with and kept getting this error.  This was of no help.

Please use the suggestions from the user with the help from Amazon. Unplugging, hitting the power button for 1 minute, and re-do.  Worked!!!!!  Thank you!

My new MX 9220 started with the error 2500.  I bought it a few months ago and then smashed my shoulder requiring replacement.  I am now far enough along therapy-wise to lift it on the desk and now I cannot get it set up.  Tried all the remedies including maintenance from the LCD or from my computer.  It just stares at tme funny.

Decided to star over and began by removing all the cartridges.  All the lights lit but Magenta is stuck!  The litte release tab doesn't do it and the back seems to be really tight.  

Please, this could be my issue.  How do I remove this cartridge?

Thank you in advance.

mtjames1
Apprentice

I solved my own problem with the help of amazon.

Remove power.  

Hold the power button down for 1 minute. Release.

Plug it in.

Turn on with power button.

Try the setup again.  Worked fine.

Called an ESD cycle.

Hope this helps.

Mike,

I have rebooted by unplugging and holding on / off button for a minute then plugging back in. I am still getting error 2500.

Have you heard if there is something else causing the issue.When lifting the scan lid, can you tell me what the corner door towards front right is for? When lid is lifted it has T1R there. Do you know if anything should be there. I had removed the orange plastic piece it had there as directed.

I'm asking you, because like you Tiffany did not have the right answer. I have been messing with this for hours. Frustrating!!

Hi carter1,

To try and resolve the 2500 error, please follow the steps outlined here.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your are awesome. I did your suggestion and it worked perfectly. I'm so glad I checked with the community.

I had the same problem. Pressing on the power button for 1 minute sounded crazy but I did it anyway and after that the printer head alignment worked. Wew.

I tried everything and finally held the power button down for 30-90 seconds and it fixed the 2500 error I was receiving. What a pain to fix this issus on a brand new printer out of the box.  

Announcements