09-03-2014 08:00 PM
My Canon Pixma 5200 series printer died so I just purchased an MG7120. I loaded 5x7 cardstock in the upper cartridge (the same stuff I've used for years) and tried to print out a borderless 5x7 card for a client. I used the exact same photoshop settings (high quality, borderless) as I always have sucessfully used.
The new printer is printing with a 1/4 inch white border on the bottom. I tried adjusting the slider on the cartridge, I tried loading only one sheet a time, I tried 'scale to fit media' and NOT using 'scale to fit media'. No matter what I do, it prints with a white border at the bottom and only the bottom.
I also tried re-aligning the print head using the special sheet that came with the printer, but it's still having the same problem. Help please!! I bought this because my other one died and now I still can't print this order... very upsetting. I appreciate any help.
09-03-2014 08:15 PM
Hello Hedonia! Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
09-24-2014 01:57 PM - edited 09-24-2014 01:57 PM
Please try printing one of your images with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. From the Windows Start Menu screen, please click on the Easy-PhotoPrint EX tile to open that program.
4. In the main menu, click on Photo Print.
5. Next to #1, Select Images, choose the folder that your images are located in.
6. On the right side, click on a photo to print. A number 1 should appear below the image.
7. Click on the #2 button, Select Paper, on the left hand side. Choose your 5" x 7" and your paper type.
8. Click on the #3 button, Layout/Print, on the left hand side. Choose your desired layout.
9. Click the green Print button.
How does your image print?
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: