cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop won't detect MP250

mrnick
Apprentice

We have a brand new Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10, when I plug the printer into any USB port nothing happens.  It doesn't try to install drivers or even show up in the Device Manager.  I downloaded drivers from Canon but it won't detect the printer at all.  The USB ports do work with other devices. 

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mrmick,

There are two options that could be causing the MP250 detected during the setup or in Device Manager. The first would be a firewall or security setting is blocking the communication. The second would be if you Acer is using 3.0 usb ports.

The 3.0 usb port is backwards compatible but the port may need to be configured. I would recommend contacting Microsoft to have the check the usb port and also to check your firewall or security settings so they printer can be detected directly via the usb cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, im experiecing the same thing. Its not firewall or security settings.. how can i contact microsoft about this issue? What do i say...?

piiics
Apprentice
how did u manage to solve it?
Announcements