cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PIXMA G3200 black ink always clogging!

SimmZ
Apprentice

On paper, the new Canon PIXMA G3200 is an amazing printer and one of the most ink-efficient printer on the market. This is what I thought when I purchased it under a year ago. Unfortunately there's obviously a design problem with this printer because the black printhead is constantly clogging while not used for a few weeks. This is not my first Canon Pixma printer and I haven't changed my printing habits, but this is the first printer I have with this kind of problem with ink clogging. It remember me the old generation of Epson printer who are well known for ink clogging when not used constantly! I use the genuine Canon ink as well (I am still on my factory tank) and the printer is still 2/3 full. I don't experience any issues with colors, but the black printhead is constantly clogging and the printer stop to print ANY traces of black on documents. I tried performing some "basic head cleaning" process in the printer utilities, even 2-3 times, but there's no way to un-clog my black head. The only way is to perform the "advanced head cleaning" who drain lot of ink and take lot of time. Then the printer is working flawlessly again for a few weeks, until the black clog again.

I am very disapointed of my Canon printer, especially considering it high price tag for a personal printer. I don't really expect to find a solution to this problem here, since it's obviously a design flaw, but I would like to share this experience with other owner and see if someone find any workaround maybe 🙂

Thanks folks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi, SimmZ!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA! This doesn't sound normal at all, and we highly recommend reaching out to support to investigate this issue further. Here in the USA, our team can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to 8pm (ET), excluding holidays. 

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE and select your region/country for your support options.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

YanIII
Apprentice

Totally agree with this printer always needing print head cleaning.  I wanted to be eco-responsible and I was willling to pay the hefty price for this printer but the ink delivery system dries out much more easily than cartridges.  I had to do the massive system cleaning once and I was shocked at how much ink drained away. 

I wish there was a way to clean just the black or a single color, thus wasting less ink.  Considering the price of the printer, ink refills should be at minimal cost and I am wondering how long until the ink absorbant pad is full.

Announcements