cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 won't set up due to error messages

Katz2
Apprentice

I cannot set up my brand new MX922 due to error messages 6000 and 6001 which will not resolve with instructions by printer and online manual. I unplugged and turned back on without success. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Skeleton567
Contributor
I dumped this printer, so don't have it or docs. So what is the error saying? I had issues with it dropping off wireless network and would not wake until it was totally unplugged and restarted. if this is what you mean, take it back and get your money back. They won't do anything but send you a 'reconditioned' printer. I think it is firmware issues. Computer sends a network packet that is supposed to wake it up, but it doesn't wake.

Crista
Whiz

Hi Katz2!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you have and if you are setting the printer up with a wireless or wired connection. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Katz2! a 6000 0r a 6001 error is happening right out of the box. I purchased a mx922 today and it will not setup because of this error message. I have not installed paper, software nothing just turned it on as instructed and bingo 6000 error

Hi Katz2 and roy6959,

If turning off the printer, unplugging the power cord from the back and leaving it out for at least 5 minutes, then plugging it back in and turning it back on do not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Christa,,,, a 6000 0r a 6001 error is happening right out of the box. I purchased a mx922 today and it will not setup because of this error message. I have not installed paper, software nothing just turned it on as instructed and bingo 6000 error

Announcements