cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 won't print

gojurick
Apprentice

Hello, I have just purchased and installed a new Pixma MX922 printer and connected it wirelessly to my home network.  Going through the install I put in the ink cartridges (all light up) and attempted to go through the print head alignment.  The page came out blank.  Yes I'm using the sheet that came with the printer.  I attempted this several times with the same result. I then tried to go through the manual alignment, same results, pages come out blank.  I have verified that the cartridges do not have any plastic left over coveing the ink dispenser. I looked inside to make sure I didn't forget to remove some internal protective cover or something.  I found nothing.  I also installed the software on a laptop and connected and attempted to print, only a blank page.  I've searched for an answer but come up with nothing.  Any insight would be helpful, I'd really rather not have to box it up and ship it back.  Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

I can't find the printer to connect to it.  I have it connected to my wifi network but my computer can't find it.  It worked fine like a week ago.  Also, it said another computer is using this printer.  Maybe I shouldn't have tried to share the printer.Smiley Sad

Jam0cha33
Apprentice

the printer was working great until I printed a bunch of pictures and now it wont print anything. I've checked the ink levels and there is a decent amount of ink left in each cartridge. I've removed all of fthem and replaced them back in. I've even put in a few new cartridges where it was at a questionable level. but still not working.

Smoke77,

Try turning the printer off and back on.  Then restart your computer and try printing again.

Jam0cha33,

Are you experiencing any errors when you attempt to print your photos or are the images coming out blank?  If the printouts are blank, try performing 1-2 cleanings to see if this helps.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Masculine_Edge
Apprentice

*FIX- Placed your finger on the ink spot sponge and replaced cartrage and it may fix and print.

munoz
Apprentice

I have just purchased and installed a new Pixma MX922 printer and connected it wirelessly to my home network.  Going through the install I put in the ink cartridges (all light up) and attempted to go through the print head alignment.  The page came out blank.  Yes I'm using the sheet that came with the printer.  I attempted this several times with the same result. I then tried to go through the manual alignment, same results, pages come out blank.  I have verified that the cartridges do not have any plastic left over coveing the ink dispenser. I looked inside to make sure I didn't forget to remove some internal protective cover or something.  I found nothing.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi munoz,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rejiii
Apprentice

My old one started doing the same thing today after sitting unused for 2-3 wks.  I let it clank and bang until it heated up, deep cleaned the heads, tried copying instead of printing, cycled the power, and nothing happened.  After it sat for a while, it magically started printing in living color!  Weird!

Debijpa
Apprentice
I am having the same problem with no printing on the paper. I have tried all of the cleaning procedures with no success. It seems that I cannot complete the auto alignment. The printer worked well until I replaced the ink cartridges. Any suggestions?
Announcements