cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 Setup, nothing but blank pages - communicates fine with computer

chapjb
Apprentice

I purchased and installed a new Pixma MX922 printer and connected it wirelessly to my home network.  Went through install, put in the ink cartridges (all light up) and attempted the print head alignment -- page came out blank.  I attempted this several times with sheets provided, same result.  Then tried the manual alignment, same result, blank page.  I have verified that the cartridges do not have any plastic left covering dispenser or air supply. I looked inside to make sure no protective covers remained (somewhere specific I should look?).  I installed the software on a laptop and connected and attempted to print, only a blank page.  I also connected via USB cable and ran Diagnose tool, didn't find any problems.  The feedback on this model is favorable, what am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi chapjb!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

Operating system is not necessary - the printer does not get past initial setup prior to installing software.  I am having this exact problem.  Remove tape, install cartridges, hit "ok" to perform print alignment, and out comes a blank paper.

Win7x64, no drivers installed yet because it is the initial calibration before connecting it to the computer or network.

BB

Hi bbgunwb,

Performing a series of cleanings and deep cleanings on the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  Prior to performing the cleanings, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn the printer back on.  Next, please follow the steps located at the link below to perform the print head cleanings:

PIXMA MX922 Print Head Cleanings

If ink still does not print on the page after performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings, or if you are unable to perform the print head cleanings, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hling88
Apprentice
I bought a new Cannon Mg 5420. Have the same issue. 2 cleaning one deep clean, almost no ink now, still nothing prints out. What do I do?

James_C

Hi chapjb,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

4-2.  Press the SETUP button.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Press the SETUP button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements