cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 - Fails CD Printing

TerrySmythe
Apprentice

Just bought a new MX922 yesterday, am now trying to print a CD.    Followed several different directions, but unit fails to print CD.      After designing a CD cover in Image Garden, I hit "ptint". Canon printer dialog box comes up, I select Disk Tray J, hit print.   Front cover pops open, and the printer proceeds to print a single piece of paper letter size.     The printer fails to invite me to open the inner cover and insert CD tray..    Have I got a defective printer, or do I have finger trouble?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TerrySmythe
Apprentice

Problem solved!      The driver disk that came with the printer pointed me to the incorrect set of drivers for my iMac.      I went back to the Canon downloads site, and this time correctly specified 10.13 High Sierra, downloaded all the drivers and software, reinstalled everything, and VOILA!   Print CD worked normally.      Previously, the printer dialog that popped up was the regular printer dialog for the MX922, as if I was printing a simple letter document, rather than the printer dialog illustrated in the ImageGarden manual.    What made it confusing is that the regular printer dialog box had within it a selection for the disk tray J, which resulted in a printed full page image of half a disc.    All is well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TerrySmythe
Apprentice

Problem solved!      The driver disk that came with the printer pointed me to the incorrect set of drivers for my iMac.      I went back to the Canon downloads site, and this time correctly specified 10.13 High Sierra, downloaded all the drivers and software, reinstalled everything, and VOILA!   Print CD worked normally.      Previously, the printer dialog that popped up was the regular printer dialog for the MX922, as if I was printing a simple letter document, rather than the printer dialog illustrated in the ImageGarden manual.    What made it confusing is that the regular printer dialog box had within it a selection for the disk tray J, which resulted in a printed full page image of half a disc.    All is well.

Announcements