cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up Pixma MX 860 on local network via wireless

mbobak
Apprentice

Ok, I'm at my wit's end here.

I've spent the last two days trying to setup my printer with a connection to my wireless hub, and it simply refuses to work.

I've tried under Win7 and Mac OS/X.

Most recently, using Win7, I have the drivers installed, I have tried running 'ltdl-win-mx860-2_5_7-en.exe', and it sees the printer, then when it lists the access points, I see my access point.  I type in my password, and it says "Communicating with printer", then, after a few minutes, I get "The printer could not be connected to the specified access point."

Please help me before I throw this printer through the window!

AdvThanksance,

-Mark

PS  Yes, I have checked, double checked, triple checked my access point password.  That's not the problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi mbobak!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

chmod
Contributor

So you have a printer and wish to connect it to your network using wireless, right?

I don't see what the Win 7 or OS-X boxes have to do with it?

The connection you need to establish is between the printer and the Wi-Fi access point. Once that is established, everything else should flow.

Start at the printer, it should lead you by the hand to connect to the wireless. Have you tried using the printer (not any computer) to connect to the wireless access point?

Unless I am overlooking something else?

regards,

chmod

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements