cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a download for a Navigator EX scanner driver, for an MX870

WaltCulver
Contributor

I recently had to reconstitute my Windows 8.1 system as a result of a hard drive failure.  I used to have the Navigator EX driver for my MX870 mulifunction printer/scanner, but even though I re-downloaded the MX870 drivers package, I cannot locate the driver for the Navigator EX scanner. 

I tried a number of downloads, but nothing.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Walt Culver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi WaltCulver,

The latest version of MP Navigator can be downloaded from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MX870.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the box labeled "SOFTWARE", locate the MP NAVIGATOR program file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on the file and follow the prompts to install the software on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi WaltCulver,

The latest version of MP Navigator can be downloaded from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MX870.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the box labeled "SOFTWARE", locate the MP NAVIGATOR program file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on the file and follow the prompts to install the software on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona - Great, solves my dilemma!  When I went to Canon's site I looked for it under "Drivers" -- did not think to look for it under "Software".

Thanks, Walt

My wireless scanning hasn't worked for years. I've tried to troubleshoot this problem on my own for YEARS, using internet forums with no luck. For years, I've had to use a memory stick to transfer scans to my computer. Today my computer prompted me to update MP Navigator. THis never came up in any previous troubleshooting.  I googled MP navigator and I found Ramona's post and solved the problem in 2 minutes. Thank you! These types of issues are so frustrating. Props to people that understand this stuff.

Announcements