cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scanner files are corrupted.

Junglejim43
Apprentice

I recently bought a new canon 9000F II scanner.

I am using a mac book pro and I was running Mountain lion OS A few days ago I upgraded to the newest OS Yosemite.  When I did the scanner software works up till it creates the picture files.  It sends the file to disc ok.

My picture garden app showes a blank picture with a ? mark inside where the picture should be. When I try to open using preview I get a message ".  Looking at the filles they show as being jpeg files as they are supposed to.

Because I changed my OS I went to canon and uploded files that are Yoemite compatable. It made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi JungleJim43,

You can try to repair permissions on your Mac to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.

2. Double-click Disk Utility.

3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").

4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.

5. Restart your computer, then attempt to scan again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements