cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer takes too long to start printing. Any idea why?

atvan1
Contributor

Not too much to say here. Every time I try to print the printer either takes to long or says "The printer is not responding". I'm printing through wifi.

28 REPLIES 28

I have the exact same feeling. I counted 3 minutes to starte the printer. I see no reason for that. Also, everytime the printer does that, the ink level goes down. It is stealing. 

@HavenMedia wrote:

I have the exact same feeling. I counted 3 minutes to starte the printer. I see no reason for that. Also, everytime the printer does that, the ink level goes down. It is stealing. 

That is how inkjet printers work.  Most of them will automatically clean the print head before every print cycle.  I offer no explanation as to why you say ink levels go down.  If old dried ink is not cleaned off the head, the head can overheat.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the same issue, the worst part is after it prints a singel sheet it does another maintenance job of some sort, perhaps another cleaning. There's no need to do a head cleaning before and after a single sheet printed. This is stealing all my ink, completely unacceptable. I used to have the MX850 and it was never like this printer. Canon needs to change this auto function and give the option for the users/owner to chooose if and when a clean head function is needed.

I am using a canon pixma mg5750 printerand is connected via wi-Fi. It takes a long time to respond. any suggestions

Hi courtenayterrac,

Are you trying to print from a Windows or Mac computer?

We look forward to your reply.

I am using windows

Hi courtenayterrac,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your printer on.

2.  Select Setup from the HOME screen.  It the is the wrench and screwdriver icon.

3.  Select Device Settings and then press OK.

4.  Use the up or down button to select LAN settings and press OK.

5.  Use the up or down button to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK.

6.  Use the up or down button to select Print LAN details and press OK.

On the page that prints, what is listed next to signal strength?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nothing has changed reading these posts. I have a Maxify MB2720 that has just started having the same problem. Yeah..I know about the head cleaning and never try and print right when I turn it on. I'm printing wirelessly,yep it has found my router and connected to it. But...I get the same error messages others are talking about. PORT IN USE,problem in printing,the message that slides out from the bottom right--Could not print xxxx document. OR it will even say printing document,yet it's printing nothing.

Then if you close the window wait a bit and click on the same document later on it might print FIVE copies when you wanted one. I had this problem last night just trying to print some simple calandar pages off the web. Took forever to print one (needed three months of calandar) so I gave up and SHUT the printer down. Started it up the next morning and walked away--came back to three or found pages printed laying on the floor of the same month. This is REALLY starting to tick me off.

I've had this printer for over a year and it printed quickly using my LAN from day one--in fact it was doing fine just a month or so ago so no it's not a router problem or distance from the printer. There is something hanging this up internally. I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. Same problem.

David

Hi Bengus81.

If the printer is receiving a "Port in use" error, then something is either monopolzing or blocking one of the ports that the printer requires to operate.  The most likely cause is an antivirus or firewall blocking the port.  Common ports used by Canon inkjet printers may be found HERE in the Canon Knowledgebase.  Refer to the antivirus or firewall developer's support and documentation for directions on adding exceptions.

Interference from an antivirus may also cause slowdown of printing, as the data is filtered and delayed.

You may, alternatively, need to remove the MB2700 series entries from the printers list, uninstall the drivers from the Programs & Features or Apps & Features list (depending on the version of Windows), restart the computer, and then reinstall the drivers.  Restarting allows the computer to clear any legacy settings that might cause problems to persist between installation attempts.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks,got it to work by basically starting over. I did a reset on the printer and set up the network again letting it find my router. Re-installed drivers from my Maxify disc to my PC which oddly has the printer show in Windows listings as a MB2720 FAX but it printed a Windows printer test page right after clicking on it.

Downloading new drivers from 2019 changed the printer listing to a MB2720 Printer instead of FAX.

The port name that now shows up on the Windows 10 test page on this computer and a second one in my office is:

434F370000000

Data format:  RAW

Announcements