cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer/ scanner won't scan

sadharlow
Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma printer/scanner. I'm trying to scan something and an error message comes out. It keeps saying "can not communite with scanner for these reasons: USB cable is disconnected. Scanner is turned off". 

The USB cable is connected and the printer is on, but still, same error message keeps popping out. Please help! 

13 REPLIES 13

Tiffany

Hi Sadharlow,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

It's a Canon Pixma MG3500.

Hi sadharlow,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The latest version of windows is installed.

sadharlow,

Try uninstalling the MG3500 Series MP Drivers, IJ Network Tool and IJ Scan Utility from the computer.  Once this has been done, make sure that a USB cable is not connected to the printer.  Then download and install the latest MG3500 series MP Drivers from our website.  You can access the latest downloads at the following link:

PIXMA MG3520 Drivers & Downloads

Once the drivers have been reinstalled, try scanning with the IJ Scan Utility program again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

l will try this. I hope it works. I'll let you know. 

No change. The same message is still coming. Didn't work. : ( 

No thoughts on what else I should do to see what's wrong with my printer/scanner or is it broken and should I throw it away? 

Hi sadharlow,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements