cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pixma mp600 will not start

neanderthal
Apprentice

After replacing ink black ink tank the printer turn off and will not turn back on. I check the cord and it is good. Should I replace the power supply?

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi neanderthal,

It is very unusual for the power supply on our models to fail.  In most cases a lack of power indicates another failure in the printer.  There is also the possibility  that the power surge failsafe in the printer has been initiated.  If this is the case, unplug the printer from the power for about 15 minutes and then plug it back in.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, I recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff to see what available service options we have to offer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue. Canon Pixma MP600 it was working fine, always have used Canon inks, inks were not empty. It suddenedly wouldn't turn on. I did upplug for say 15 minutes and it came on, I said good, but before I could sit back down in my chair it went black and now nothing happens when I try to turn it on. It seems a lot of users of seeing this behavoir with these printers. If anyone knows any way to resurrect this otherwise great condition printer, please advise. I feel funny throwing it away - but if it won't power up, what good is it?

Thanks - Lewis

I turned on my printer in order to print something out, it turned on and then suddenly turned off by itself. Now it won't turn on and is totally unresponsive. 

I unplugged the power supply cord, from both the printer and from the outlet, plugged it back in and it still won't turn on. I repeated the second time, this time waiting for about an hour before plugging it back in; same result.

Please help. 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem as described in the chain above -- all of a sudden, the printer won't turn on.  Have tried unplugging, using another outlet, etc., without success.  Sometimes the green light will come on, then go off immediately.  Has anyone found a solution?

no power lights on printer. can you advise what action to take please. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements