cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pixma MX490 says its offline.

EJPenny72
Apprentice

Trying to get my PIXMA MX490 to print wirelessly.  It is hooked up to my modem but the computer says it is offline.  I am running Windows 7.  I have unchecked use offline and it still shows it is offline.  

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try turning the printer off and back on to see if this helps.  Also, try restarting your computer.  Make sure that the computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer as well.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Allanr
Apprentice
Hi
I have the same printer and it continuously goes offline. Restarting the computer or the printer doesnt help. It shows connected with Wifi but the printer is offline. You need to uninstall the printer and install again. Sometimes you have to reset factory settings on tje printer to default and the re-install drivers on your laptop before working again. Very frustrating

Hi Allanr,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi guys,

Just registered to share my experience. Absolutely no need to uninstall / reinstall the drivers. Just delete the printer (right click, "remove device") - then add the printer from Windows' own Add Printer feature. Choose Add Network printer, the printer should be detected by Windows. Just add it from that menu and voila, everything works.

Still waiting to see if it sticks after a couple restarts but looks good. Canon should take a look at their own software which is far from being good...

You may have posted this 5 months ago.......but giving you a shout out on this one.

I have spent 2 hours add/remove/reinstalling to no avail.

And then came your 30 second fix and it worked wonders. I only wish I would have found your solution 2 hours ago!!

Frustrated and relieved at the same time.

Thanks again.

I also just spent 3-4 hours in sheer frustration, kept taking breaks, sweating, and trying not to punch the damned printer!  And viola, happened upon the idea to delete the printer and reinstall, and YAY!  Thanks so much.

PHEW.

Wow, unbelievable. Haven't been able to print wirelessly since I bought it. Even spent $60 at a local computer shop, they said it works, get home and nothing. I've been searching and retrying and then I found this post. Thank you so much. 

Think i tried changing to factory reset, but it asked for my password. Have no idea?

What a joke. Canon check your latest software with Windows 10, cause it's pathetic.

1. Purchased and setup this printer 3 weeks ago, did WPS setup, wireless printing working fine.
    I printed several documents, over several days, all was good.

2. Turned the printer on today, windows says "Offline"

3. Power cycle printer 3 times, redo WPS setup, still shows as offline.

4. Find this thread, and beging to delete my printer.

5. As soon as I delete the printer... it starts printing!

6. Proceeds to print off 1 of the documents in the queue, while windows 'deletes printer'

7. After about 30s of printing, it stops, and the device is removed.
8. Now windows can not see any printers, so I can not re-add the device.

Absolutely ridiculous guys. 

Announcements