cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Pixma MG6650 is making loud cleaning noises after printing?

moef
Apprentice

Hey,

I think the printer might have some problems or faults of some kind. So I have a few questions about the cleaning noise and how often the printer should start a cleaning procedure:

Questions:

Is it normal, that the printer need to clean after each printing procedure?

- Example, if I print a document with lets say 1 page, then after about 1 minute or so, the printer start something that sounds like a cleaning procedure, is this normal?

When the printer starts what I think is cleaning - if it then normal, that the printer makes a very loud click/bang noise, that sounds like something is broken in the printer, or will break in the printer?!

I've attached a link for a video, where the odd behaviour can be seen / heard. Please excuse me for talking Danish on the video. The important is to hear the noise the printer makes.

a: the first seconds of the video show me printing a single page. 

b: after that it takes about a minute or so, when the printer kicks in what I think it a printing procedure, if that normal?

And please hear the odd loud bank sound at 1:05, that sounds like something is broken.

I've talked to the Danish Canon support, which didn't wanna listen to the video. So I'm hoping that this global community will check out the video (22mb), and take a listen 🙂

Video:

http://tinyurl.com/nhybm9b

Thanks a lot,

moef

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements