cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mp495 will not print pictures

OllieOliver
Apprentice

I have a MP495.  It is attached to a MAC running IOS Sierra v10.12. For some reason, the printer will not print pictures either from iPhoto, or from Canon's own Easy Photo-Print Software.  I've downloaded the latest drivers from Canon, and the problem persists.  Oddly, the printer will still print text and even pictures within the text, like in MS Word.  But not pictures from photo printing software.  Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi OllieOliver,

The message "cgpdftoraster quit unexpectedly" is an issue with the OS X Printing System.  Because reinstalling your PIXMA MP495 did not resolve the error, it is recommended that Apple is contacted for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, OllieOliver!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know if you're getting any error messages when you attempt to print photos, and what those error messages say.. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

The message I get is "cgpdftoraster quit unexpectedly".  This happens if I print from iPHOTO or from Canon's Easy Photo-Print program.  It happens only if I print to 4x6 glossy photo paper.  It does not happen if I print to Letter-size paper, but of course that is not what I want.  

Hi OllieOliver,

The message "cgpdftoraster quit unexpectedly" is an issue with the OS X Printing System.  Because reinstalling your PIXMA MP495 did not resolve the error, it is recommended that Apple is contacted for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements