cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My USB connected PIXMA MX922 always won't initially print & ERRORS. I need to fool with it.

vankjeff
Enthusiast

I think that just turning it OFF & ON gets it to print. Is this due to some sleep setting in the printer itself that puts it to sleep and the software on my computer gets tired of waiting for it?
And what's with it saying "THE PRINTER COULDN'T PRINT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK - MEMO STYLE"? Is that some problem and if that's the whole thing, how would I fix that? I mean, all I'm trying to do is Quick Print an email.

CANON MX922 always errors on first print attempt doesn't warm it up.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured out the fix!! This has been happening to me everytime that I've tried to use my CANON that I bought new at someone's referral at my toner shop. Apparently this has all been just because the printer is in Sleep mode, so the computer can't "FIND" it. So now, before I try to print to it, if I just turn it OFF by pushing the little round ON button TWICE on the front panel in the upper left & then turn it back ON before I print to it, it does it's job without a fuss.

a beach Easter 2010 003.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vankjeff
Enthusiast
NO HELP? NOBODY?

Hi vankjeff! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. 

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly technical support team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Well, that's what I was hoping to find from some "community" member. Just a little help. I hate calling company support places and needing to wait fhru the off-shore versions of American songs while on hold for an hour or 2. 😉

I figured out the fix!! This has been happening to me everytime that I've tried to use my CANON that I bought new at someone's referral at my toner shop. Apparently this has all been just because the printer is in Sleep mode, so the computer can't "FIND" it. So now, before I try to print to it, if I just turn it OFF by pushing the little round ON button TWICE on the front panel in the upper left & then turn it back ON before I print to it, it does it's job without a fuss.

a beach Easter 2010 003.jpg

Announcements