cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TS8220 is giving me the error 1259, I have done so many things to fix it and it won't work

Katarina
Apprentice

I am about to give up. I have updated the firmware, I have unplugged everything, and restarted over and over.  When i turn it on, it makes a sound like something is trying to move and then stops and the error message appears.  I pull out the paper tray and hit okay and all i get is the error 1259 message again, and again.  I have heard some say to clean the rollers and the bottom plate.  I've only had the printer for six months. I looked inside, using the light on my phone, I don't see much that needs cleaning. I don't know what else to try.  All the printer cartridges have ink in them and they are properly positioned.

I tried to scan something and it pretended like it was scanning, but it didn't scan. 

With my last Canon printer, when I would open the lid to install cartridges, they would move into place.  When I open the lid to this one, the cartridge holder thingie just stays where it is.  Is this a clue about anything? Is the cartridge holder stuck?

Any ideas before I dissassemble it? Use it as a door stop? 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Katarina,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Announcements