Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

My TS8220 is giving me the error 1259, I have done so many things to fix it and it won't work

I am about to give up. I have updated the firmware, I have unplugged everything, and restarted over and over.  When i turn it on, it makes a sound like something is trying to move and then stops and the error message appears.  I pull out the paper tray and hit okay and all i get is the error 1259 message again, and again.  I have heard some say to clean the rollers and the bottom plate.  I've only had the printer for six months. I looked inside, using the light on my phone, I don't see much that needs cleaning. I don't know what else to try.  All the printer cartridges have ink in them and they are properly positioned.

I tried to scan something and it pretended like it was scanning, but it didn't scan. 

With my last Canon printer, when I would open the lid to install cartridges, they would move into place.  When I open the lid to this one, the cartridge holder thingie just stays where it is.  Is this a clue about anything? Is the cartridge holder stuck?

Any ideas before I dissassemble it? Use it as a door stop? 

Product Expert

Re: My TS8220 is giving me the error 1259, I have done so many things to fix it and it won't work

Hi Katarina,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.